What are dental implants?
Dental implants are metal frames or posts that are cemented onto your jawbone under your gums. Once they are positioned, a crown or replacement teeth is cemented onto them. These are used to fix your decayed tooth. It supports prosthesis and replaces the natural teeth. Once the dental implant treatment is done, bone formation happens in the surrounding of the artificial tooth, resulting in concrete anchorage.
Who should get dental implants?
In general, anyone who has decayed or missing teeth is the right candidate to get an implant. Also, get an implant if:
- You are looking for a durable and long term replacement for your missing tooth.
- You want to your facial esthetics by getting your missing teeth replaced.
- You want to bid adieu to your uncomfortable and inconvenient dentures.
- You want to speak and eat without any problem
There are two types of dental implants available.
- Endosteal implants — these types of implants are positioned directly into the jawbone. After the surrounding gum tissues have healed, the patient undergoes a second surgery which is required to attach a post to the original implant. Ultimately, an artificial tooth (or teeth) is connected with the post separately, or grouped on a denture or bridge. For more help search dental implants costa mesa on the internet.
- Subperiosteal implants — these comprise a metal frame that is positioned below the gum tissue and onto the jawbone. The positioned frame gradually becomes fixed to the jawbone during the gum healing process.
Dental implants are the right solution for those who have longed to embrace their natural teeth again.